Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Year in Review, continued...

Other "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is" moments of 2007. Spending a beautiful, clear night on the beach waiting for sea turtle hatchlings to emerge. Meeting and sharing plants with a kindly, seasoned gardener from the mountains who was immortalized in one of my favorite books. Riding a go-cart at full throttle with my husband. Spending the weekend with my uncle several months before he died. Witnessing 100,000 purple martins come to roost for the night at the Mann's Harbor Bridge in Manteo. Exploring a preserve I'd never heard of near Jockey's Ridge (pictured). Watching the Green Bay Packers kicking butt and taking names! Learning how to make jelly. Eating the first two figs off a three-year-old plant. Getting to hold a piglet. Surprising a coyote.

No comments: